No this is not a blog about New Girl, although I may frequently post about the episodes. Who does not love A. Zooey Deschanel and B. Jess, Schmidt, Winston and Nick?? But I digress, for anyone that knows me, "Hey Girl!" is my usual hello to all my girlfriends and as I partake on this adventure of blogging, I am going to consider you all my new girlfriends. Ok, great.
So I guess I should fill you all in a little about me and this blog, I am a New Yorker to the nth degree, but because of my job, I find myself living in the beautiful (season less) Southern California. I refuse to give up my New Yorker mentality and as the seasons change will lament how I am missing them. I am obsessed with all things preppy and my closet is filled with J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Kate Spade and Anthropologie. I love sports and I am definitely one of the guys, I relate to Robin Scherbatsky from How I Met Your Mother and Jenny MacArthur from the League, one of the boys, but not losing her identity as a kick ass woman.
What are you going to blog about? Anything I am passionate about! I love TV, shopping, cooking and eating out, DIY activities (I promise to share some things I did for my recent wedding), travel, and surviving in a male dominated Engineering world. I may like science, but I still like to dress up to work everyday (Jeans are a usual outfit staple for 90% of our company).
You said you have sisters, were you in a sorority? Yes! I am a member of Chi Omega and still get together with my awesome sisters (we plan girls trips every other year). I am not a stereotypical sorority girl, but I love my sisters and all my babies. Fun note: Lilly Pulitzer has a great sorority prints (I am obsessed with their new bangles).
Quickfire Time!
Guilty Pleasure: TV. My DVR is always full.
Favorite Show: Currently The League on FX
Currently listening to your iPhone: The Book of Mormon Broadway Soundtrack
Favorite LA Restaurant: Ortega 120. Try the Tilapia 120!
Best iPhone Cases: Kate Spade hardshell cases (they survive everything).
Currently on: Kate Spade Notes to Self
Always Drinking: Iced Coffee
Go To Heels: Kate Spade Karolina
Favorite Movie: Casablanca. I'm a sucker for B&W
Favorite Snack: Cheese, especially if its French
Can't leave home without: My Kindle
Anything else we should know? I am a die hard sports fan. I love my New York Yankees and NY Giants with a passion (it is where my New Yorker really comes out). I was an intern for the NY Yankees back in high school and college and will stand by them for life.
So what am I wearing today to celebrate the launch of my blog?

So I guess I should fill you all in a little about me and this blog, I am a New Yorker to the nth degree, but because of my job, I find myself living in the beautiful (season less) Southern California. I refuse to give up my New Yorker mentality and as the seasons change will lament how I am missing them. I am obsessed with all things preppy and my closet is filled with J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Kate Spade and Anthropologie. I love sports and I am definitely one of the guys, I relate to Robin Scherbatsky from How I Met Your Mother and Jenny MacArthur from the League, one of the boys, but not losing her identity as a kick ass woman.
So here's a little Q&A sesh about Headbands and Bagels:
Why did I choose Headbands and Bagels as the name of my blog? I am obsessed with everything Classic and Preppy and am constantly inspired by the city I grew up in. I love to shop, play and eat (bagels & pizza are not as good anywhere but NY - It's the water, trust me).
What are you going to blog about? Anything I am passionate about! I love TV, shopping, cooking and eating out, DIY activities (I promise to share some things I did for my recent wedding), travel, and surviving in a male dominated Engineering world. I may like science, but I still like to dress up to work everyday (Jeans are a usual outfit staple for 90% of our company).
What do you do in your free time? I am a recent newlywed, so I spend a lot of time with my hubby. That doesn't mean I don't get together with my girls and sisters on a regular basis. I am really active (but not skinny); I play company softball, kickball and dodgeball. I also watch way to much TV. It is probably my guilty pleasure.
You said you have sisters, were you in a sorority? Yes! I am a member of Chi Omega and still get together with my awesome sisters (we plan girls trips every other year). I am not a stereotypical sorority girl, but I love my sisters and all my babies. Fun note: Lilly Pulitzer has a great sorority prints (I am obsessed with their new bangles).
Quickfire Time!
Guilty Pleasure: TV. My DVR is always full.
Favorite Show: Currently The League on FX
Currently listening to your iPhone: The Book of Mormon Broadway Soundtrack
Favorite LA Restaurant: Ortega 120. Try the Tilapia 120!
Best iPhone Cases: Kate Spade hardshell cases (they survive everything).
Currently on: Kate Spade Notes to Self
Always Drinking: Iced Coffee
Go To Heels: Kate Spade Karolina
Favorite Movie: Casablanca. I'm a sucker for B&W
Favorite Snack: Cheese, especially if its French
Can't leave home without: My Kindle
Anything else we should know? I am a die hard sports fan. I love my New York Yankees and NY Giants with a passion (it is where my New Yorker really comes out). I was an intern for the NY Yankees back in high school and college and will stand by them for life.
So what am I wearing today to celebrate the launch of my blog?
Ah I want a ChiO Bangle so badly!So cute
ReplyDelete