Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Save Some Cash - Email Save the Dates

As I realize I am quickly approaching my one year wedding anniversary (Dan and I tied the knot last September) and I have multiple weddings coming up that I am helping with, I realized it may be time to share some insights I learned during my own wedding planning process.

One of the biggest things every wedding has to deal with (with the exception of celebrities) is a budget. I was extremely lucky in that my parents threw Dan and I an amazing wedding with little cost to Dan and I, but I still had to be cognisant of the budget and make smart decisions. Did I want to spend more on flowers or photography? Did I want to splurge on my dress and scrimp on the accessories? Would it be a kick ass DJ or band? Did I want to cut the food and drink budget for great wedding invitations? There are so many little bits and pieces that start taking chunks out of a wedding budget and because I knew I wanted to throw an amazing day of party, I figured I needed to save money on some more frivolous items. The first major cut, doing any sort of fancy Save the Date.

I was amazed at how much each individual save the date costs. Not only are you worried about printing them, but postage for a big wedding adds up fast. We all currently live in the age of technology where party invites come via Evite or Facebook, not the mail and while I knew I would send out wedding invitations (I saved money there using my computer design skills to make my own - more to come on that another post), I figured Save the Dates could easily be emailed!

I quickly did a search on Etsy for Save the Dates as I had not yet undertaken designing my wedding invitations, and came across a great vendor in Australia who designed a great graphic Save the Date with our specific wedding colors and all for a total of $5. Seriously $5 is all I spent on my Save the Dates and I still think they turned out great.

Designed by Etsy Shop HermiasWishes
And the best part of all? You get to save money for something else important, like thanking your awesome wedding party....


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...