What's Been on my Kindle? - May 2013
What's On My Kindle? by preppy-lizzy on Polyvore
The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy
I have to say I am super glad I finished the book. Made up of five sections and spanning approximately four generations of Forsytes, this storyline was rich and full of life. The story focuses specifically on the descendants of Jolyon Forsyte and James Forsyte (brothers), especially Jolyon's son, Young Joylon, and his children June, Holly, Joloyn (Jolly) and Joylon (Jon) and James' son, Soames, and his daughter Fleur. Young Joylon's children himself while part of one Forsyte generation, span what would commonly be known as three generations in most families. It spans the decades from old world Victorian lifestyles to post World War I and shows the change in perception of old money to new money lifestyles. Overall the book is very interesting and a great option for someone looking to read a novel of more epic proportions.
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
This is honestly my all time favorite book. I first read it in middle school and F. Scott Fitzgerald has since then been my favorite author. I have devoured everything he has ever written but still Gatsby has my heart. I am looking forward to seeing Baz Luhrman's reinterpretation of Gatsby on screen and Leo as the man himself. I hope the modernized version brings new fans to The Great Gatsby and F. Scott Fitzgerald as an author. Welcome to the fold new F.Scott fans!
Sweet Tooth by Ian Mcewan
I am about a 40% done and totally loving it so far. Will fill you in more about the story of a young female MI5 agent in the 1970's during the June review! Until then keep reading!
I am about a 40% done and totally loving it so far. Will fill you in more about the story of a young female MI5 agent in the 1970's during the June review! Until then keep reading!
No comments :
Post a Comment