In my sorority days at Washington University in St. Louis we used to snap our fingers during chapter meetings and events whenever we found we liked something or agreed with something someone was saying. It was in an effort to not disrupt the meeting but also to echo and support our sisters. Snapping is loud enough that you hear it but allows the conversation and dialogue to continue without being disruptive.
Honestly I loved giving snaps and I loved receiving snaps. I wish it was socially acceptable to continue to use snaps in the business world. It would be a great way to keep business meetings calm and keep coworkers from trying to shout over each other to get their points across. It would also be a great way to know that someone heard your idea and is backing you up, that you are not alone. Because sometimes, its really scary to share your idea when you are the youngest person on your team.
So in honor of snaps, I am bringing it to the blog. I want to start a weekly snaps feature giving snaps to anything I found snap worthy over the past week. It could be anything a book, product, event, person, TV show, episode, move, or total random act of kindness I saw on the street.
I am also planning on adding snap reviews to my book club reviews each month; up to five snaps per book! Go get snapping!!!
No comments :
Post a Comment