What's on my Kindle? - March 2015
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Wow. Just wow. I purchased this book after my little sister said she wanted to read it and I am so glad I did. I raced through this book and stayed up way past my bedtime to finish the last few chapters because I had to know what happened. The Girl on the Train is told from the perspective of three female characters: Rachel, whose life is in shambles and who rides the commuter train day after day past the town she once lived in; Meghan, who currently lives in Rachel's old town, in a house down the street from Rachel's old house; and Anna, who currently resides in Rachel's old residence. The story centers around a murder and discovering who did it becomes so twisty that you are guessing up until the end.
5 big snaps for me!
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I've always been a huge fan of the movie and it has been on my reading bucket list to read the book. It was well worth it. I was so engrossed from the very start and found myself unable to put it down. It is a long epic novel of the South during the fall of the confederacy and the aftermath of the Civil War and Margaret Mitchell does a beautiful job of bringing southern culture to life. As it is often said, history is written by the victors, but Gone with the Wind is an exception to that rule as it shows their are two sides to every story.
5 snaps for me.
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
I have had this book on my Kindle since it came out with all the best intentions to get to reading it as soon as possible. I finally got myself caught up and have to say I devoured this book. Heartbreaking, poignant and wonderfully written, this book kept me on my toes until the very end. The question of if it is always better to know the truth is tackled throughout this novel as well as the haunting questions we all ask ourselves, what could have been?
5 snaps for me!
Textastrophe by Matt Andrews (c/o St. Martin's Griffin)
I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks. Litterally all you need to know. Textastrophe is a collection of pranks via text that will make you laugh out loud. A perfect coffee table book or bathroom book, I found myself unable to put it down. Great gift in my opinion!
5 snaps for me!
No comments :
Post a Comment