Tuesday, March 12, 2013

On the Road Fitness

Keeping fit on the road can be difficult. I know when I am on business travel I often have to remind myself to hit the gym since all I have access to is a hotel gym, maybe a pool and my hotel room. Since I knew I was going to be living out of a hotel for over three weeks in March, I knew that I  had to bring gear to keep my workouts going even though I would be away from my gym and my pilates classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Eating out for every meal for three weeks can really take a toll on a diet if you are not diligent.

What I have found on my trip is that I am still craving a workout daily even though I am on my feet all day and headed to work by 5am rather than my normal 8:30am. My digs at the Hampton Inn are pretty sweet I must say. I have plenty of room in my hotel room to complete workouts via Jillian Michaels DVDs and my iPhone fitness apps. I will say that the best option is to get a cardio workout in the hotel fitness center or swim laps in the pool (I try to alternate each day to mix it up), then follow that up with my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD in my room. I then usually throw in one or two days worth of exercises on the Gorilla Workout app and either a Nike Training Club routine or Sworkit routine. These iPhone apps are a lifesaver both on the road or at the gym at home. They give me tons of options, including what areas I want to focus on and what my fitness level is; and better yet, they are all free! NTC is still my favorite of the three but all provide a great way to keep my workout routine fresh.
Hotel Room Fitness




Finally, I have been ensuring that daily I am wearing my Nike Fuelband and my BodyMedia BodyBugg Link. My Fuelband is fun motivation to compete with my friends, but I rely on my BodyBugg to keep me on track with my weight loss goals. A few years ago I was very successful with my BodyBugg and I am enjoying using it again. I can say having tried Weight Watchers and BodyMedia's programs, the BodyBugg blew Weight Watchers Online out of the water. Fingers crossed I will keep this enthusiasm up during Week 2 and 3 of my trip!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...