Packing for business travel is already a difficult task. You have to pack for so many facets of your life and before you know it you are taking more stuff with you than originally anticipated. I know I am not the lightest of packers but I try to get everything in one bag come hell or high water. As a result I end up stuffing workout gear, work clothes and after work clothes all into one bag, as well as both my work and personal laptops and multiple chargers and work notebooks.
Because this trip is for field support and we are up and working by 5am outside each day, I needed to pack a bunch of clothes that could be layered for tons of weather conditions. Unfortunately I didn't anticipate how hot it would be by 2pm each day (80+ degrees) so when I am home for 12 hours this weekend, I will be washing my clothes and adding some shorts and tanks to the bag for sure.
So what's really in my bag this first week on the road? Well check it out below:
Besides all my work and personal technology, I have my workout gear including my Nike Frees, Fuelband and BodyBugg; speedo for laps in the pool; steel toe boots, headlamp, work gloves, Lululemon studio pants and swiftly short sleeve tops for field work, as well as my north face fall jacket, J.Crew puffer vest and Lulu scuba hoodie; and jeans, tees and flip flops for post work dinners. All in all 6 days worth of gear fills up my Vera Bradley Duffel pretty quickly.
I come back each afternoon dusty but with a huge smile on my face, so I guess work is pretty fun at least this week!
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment