Saturday, May 18, 2013

Can't get enough dots!

Polka dots and stripes have been dominating my favorite patterns for spring and summer lately. There is something so refreshing about an outfit covered in polka dots to make you smile. You can do just a little or a lot but just make sure the silhouettes are in grown up shapes to keep you from looking to childish. Polka dots can also give an outfit a retro feel. While retro is fun, make sure your shapes are modern and new to keep the outfit current.

What I'm Loving... Polka Dots


1. River Island Black and White Skater Skirt ($27) This skirt reminds me a lot of the TOPSHOP dress showin in number 8. It would be perfect paired with a chambray shirt or heathered v-neck tshirt.

2. Wallis Polka Dot Print Dress ($56) A more formal option, this dress is perfect for coctkails or the office. I love the belt it comes with the help define a more formal waist.

3. Keds Taylor Swift's Champion Paw Dot ($50) Taylor Swift's collaboration with Keds has produced some pretty cute kicks. I'm loving these in navy!

4. Kate Spade Mod Spot Picture Dot Scarf ($98) I love this Kate Spade scarf. It also comes in the reverse colors for a lighter version. The fabric is super light so its a perfect option for Fall and Spring or even a cool summer night.

5. GUESS Neodan Polka-Dot Pump ($99) These GUESS pumps are a great alternative to the Kate Spade polka dot pumps. The linen makes them very summer appropriate and the nude and white color combination makes them easy to pair with almost any outfit.

6. Izabel London Polka Dot Dress ($37) I love the green of this dress. While the shape with the ruffles and polka dots makes the dress a little more retro feeling than some of the other pieces, but with cool heels and modern hair, you can keep this piece fresh.

7. Kate Spade New York Kick Polka Dot Canvas Lace-Up Sneakers ($75) I love that like Taylor Swift, Kate Spade is also doing a collaboration with Keds. I like that these sneakers are modified with a pointer toe so they are not the typical Keds sneaker.

8. TOPSHOP Polka Dot Skater Dress (as seen on Princess Kate) I love this dress. It comes in both a maternity and regular style. Princess Kate looked beautiful in it at six months pregnant. This clearly is a dress that has a lot of versatility.

9. J.Crew Factory Polka Dot Popover ($70) Love J.Crew popover tops. They look great with shorts. This polka dot piece would be perfect with bright shorts. Gives a shorts style a little more formality and dressiness. Loves.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...