Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today is my my dad's birthday. He is not only my dad but one of my best friends in the entire world. My mom and sister aptly named us Freak and Geek, after we started calling them Mom and Dom a few years back, and the moniker has stuck. We are two peas in a pod, obsessed with baseball, history, reading and essentially everything nerdy.


I realized a few weeks ago that I am becoming more and more like my dad and I don't mind it a bit. We always knew we had similar temperaments, but when I was flying to Tampa I found myself infatuated with the cloud formations (something only my meteorologist hobbyist father would love like me).


I am seriously daddy's little girl and I know it, but that dosen't mean I have any plans in changing our relationship. Back in college by dad and I started a goal to visit every major league park together. We are almost two-thirds of the way there and I love planning our trips to new remote parks. He even bought us All Star Game tickets for this year to knock Citi Field off our list.


Basically, I just wanted to give my dad one hell of a birthday shout out today. He taught me everything from how to run the perfect pickle in softball to every last remote baseball rule out there to how to ski without fear and live everyday to the fullest. He never seems to take any day for granted and I strive to emulate him and his approach to life everyday.

I love you daddy. Happy Birthday.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...