Monday, October 13, 2014

#10ThingsILove in Fall

Back for another round of #10ThingsILove. I love making this a seasonal post for Headbands & Bagels! You all probably already know this but yes, Fall is the best season there is. I love, live and breathe Fall. I love layering, boots and booties, football, Thanksgiving, Halloween, pumpkins, pies, anything pumpkin flavored (seriously), cider and leaves changing color. Almost every year my family goes to a local family run cider press near our country house in Upstate New York and we get all the apples we have picked from our property, pressed into delicious cider. We have ended up with more than 40 gallons in the past and we end up giving it away as gifts and freezing it so we can drink it throughout the year. Living in California, this is a family tradition I really miss every year!


Source
 10. Boots!
Boots are the one thing that make me feel like its officially Fall. I wear a lot more booties in Southern California then my riding boots, but I find they take any look to Fall.
 
Source
9. Oscar Season
 It's definitely Oscar season right now at the movies. Between Gone Girl and The Judge releasing just a week apart, you know this is the start to the Oscar heavyweights. I definitely have plans to catch a few of these in theatres.

Source
8. Black Friday
I know Black Friday can be intimidating but each year I go hit the stores in the late morning with my mother in law and sisters in law and I actually get some good Christmas shopping knocked out. There are great sales that day besides the door busters which require you lining up.
 
7. Conferences
I have two work conferences in October each year. Last week I was in Phoenix and next week I get to hang in LA like a tourist. SWE National Conference also means getting to spend a lot of quality time with one of my best friends, Erika.
 
Source

6. Thanksgiving Cooking
I love cooking sides for Thanksgiving. Classics for me are Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese, Green Beans and Salad. I am sure I will be on the clock again for these three!
 
Source
5. Layering
What is better in Fall then layers. Even with the heat I strive for light layers just so I can recreate the look. Scarves are this girl's best friend.
 
4. Football
Fall means football means Sunday Fundays. I'm bummed I am not making a Giants game in person this season but the only option was vs Seattle and getting tickets reasonably priced was tough.

3. Playoff Baseball
Even though my beloved Yankees didn't make the postseason, I still enjoy playoff baseball. When I think of Fall, I immediately think of October baseball. I'm pulling for the Orioles and Royals this year. My husband is a big Orioles fan and they played great and the Royals have gone 29 years without a playoff appearance. Both are fun underdogs to cheer for!

 
2. Knitting
I've been a knitting fiend lately. I love making handmade gifts and I have really gotten much more adventurous in my pattern selection and product choices. Also Twist is a killer yarn shop near my house. Just look at the color options. Need to make another visit soon.
 
1. Family Time
Fall means lots of family time. Not only do we have Thanksgiving, but we also have plans with Dan's sister and her husband to go to trapeze school again, with our cousins to hit Fright Fest at Six Flags, for my sister in law's birthday, and maybe even a visit from my parents.

So that's my #10ThingsILove List, what would make yours?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...