Thursday, October 16, 2014

How to be More of a Morning Person

This post is in collaboration with Casper's "Own Your Bed Head" campaign. No compensation was received for this post.


I'll admit it. I am most definitely not a morning person. I really wish I was but I am a night owl through and through. I'll admit that I am jealous of my friends than can get up at the crack of dawn and get a workout in before heading to work, but I'm lucky if I'm not scrambling every morning.

With that I have found a few tricks to make mornings easier and therefore feel like more of a morning person.

1. Try to wake up at the same time everyday. Keep your schedule on weekends unless you really need the sleep. I know that since schedules change around the weekends, at least keep to number 2 on this list.

2. Get the same amount of sleep each night. Know your sweet zone, mine is 8.5 hours. Stick to it.

3. Don't use black out curtains. I have gauzy curtains in my bedroom which help me gradually wake up to the rising sun.

4. Make your lunch the night before. I pack both mine and my husbands lunch eat night when I get home. Then our lunchboxes are just easy to grab from the fridge.

5. Have an easy breakfast. I like yogurt. Other people like smoothies. A breakfast that you can take on the go with you makes you get out the door that much faster.

6. Pick your outfit the night before. If its already picked you don't waste precious minutes hemming and hawing over what to go with.

7. Have your bags ready to go at the front door. I unpack and repack my gym bag each night so its ready to grab and go.

8. Perfect the 5 minute face. See my post about this here.

What are some of your tricks to get up and go in the morning?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...