I met Abby back when she was in college with my sister and subsequently as one of her senior year roommates. Abby has always been happy to share her artistic talents with my family, making posters for our annual square dances, sharing her photography skills with us all and creating beautiful art for us to hang on our walls. Abby launched her website AbigailFinck.com earlier this year to share and sell some of her artwork and I knew it was the perfect time to share her genius with my readers. I've always been a huge fan of Abby's and I hope you all will be as well after reading some more about her. I hope to hang one of her elephant watercolors in my daughter's nursery in fact.
Describe your personal style in three words.1. simple
2. natural
3. classic
2. natural
3. classic
I can’t leave home without:
idea journal ( & when it fits my camera!) & phone charger!
If I were any accessory, I would be:
a cozy scarf!
What are your three favorite places to shop?1. Home Goods
2. BCBGeneration
3. the Gap! & Anthropologie
What is your favorite travel outfit?
my elephant parachute pants & favorite jersey t-shirt with my favorite frye sandals ( when appropriate, of course)
What outfit to you go do when you want to feel strong and powerful?
hmm... Usually a black dress, tailored blazer, tights ( because it has been freezing here), and booties.
What are you reading right now?
Goldfinch & Drunk Tank Pink
What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
peanut, avocado sushi roll & dancing to oldies in my slippers while I vacuum ( don't tell anyone)
How do you find your inspiration for your art?
My favorite photographs and paintings tend to capture singular moments, or details, of a bigger picture. My main inspiration comes from little moments in my life- travel.. sure, but even day to day.
Do you prefer photography or watercolor more?
They are really different, and depending on my mood serve as different ways to engage with my creative side. I love the challenge of accurately photographing a subject, meaning that I am able to translate what I am seeing or feeling into a still image. Also again, the idea of capturing a single moment. With watercolors, I love that the process changes and evolve as you paint. I start with my inspiration or my idea, and as I go, the water makes it more challenging to have control - you learn how to work with what it natural does and how that can fit into your piece.
When do you find time to work on your art?
I usually work on it in the evenings or over the weekend. But that being said, when every creativity call (usually the most inconvenient times) you should always roll with it. ( see below for some other rules) I stared having dates with myself, time dedicated to intentionally letting myself get in an artist frame of mind, I work on my art work, explore and take photographs, journal, or reading.
What company milestone are you most proud of?
Well- learning the best way to ship my artwork was a process that I most recently am tackling, but over all it has been sharing my art with people. It has always been a very private, personal thing. I was given the opportunity to building my website through an awesome platform that allowed me to effectively communicate and show my work. That is a really empowering thing! The response has been so humbling, I can't wait to to see how this all evolves. Stay tuned!

No comments :
Post a Comment