Bumpdate: Week 26
Baby's Size: A Cauliflower or a Head of LettuceGender: A girl. Her initials are KC!
How I'm Feeling: Overall really good. I had a little bit of a scare 2 weeks ago when my blood pressure reading was a little high (and way out of the ordinary for me). I got to take an impromptu visit to Labor & Delivery at UCLA and get an early tour of where we will be heading when it's time for our girl to make her debut. Luckily everything checked out normal, but I have the added bonus of monitoring my blood pressure now every morning and evening. But it's better to be safe than sorry!
Showing?: I all of a sudden feel like I am getting bigger everyday! My belly is really firm now and I can feel that she is really running out of room in there, so as she grows, so does my belly. It's been pretty great though that I really have only seen weight gain in my belly. All my friends have commented that from behind they can't even tell I'm pregnant!
Big Developments: I can see my belly moving now when she kicks and moves. It's officially really looks like there is an alien in there. Her kicks are also getting stronger everyday, especially between breakfast and lunch when she is most active. I've laughed out loud at work a few times now when she gets going.
Loving: The beach! It's been so warm lately that I keep flocking to the beach. I know it's going to be hard to get as much beach time as we usually do this summer with the little lady so I am taking advantage of all the spring beach time I can get.
Hating: Having to get up out of bed in the middle of the night! I am having a harder time getting in and out of the car and in and out of bed these days. And to be half asleep makes it so much worse! I keep trying to roll around and use momentum to get myself up but sometimes I have Dan give me a push.
Dreaming Of: Sunday night I had a really weird dream where my Mom worked at Marvel and getting in to see her with KC as baby was like an exercise in espionage. I was like a mommy and baby spy duo that needed to get up the elevator bank to see her in her office. So strange.
Favorite Wardrobe Pieces: Maternity shorts and dresses. I wore this dress for St. Patrick's Day and was so comfortable all day! Anything that lets the bump breathe essentially. And my bikinis. I am loving rocking my regular bikinis with my bump.
Baby Finds: Didn't really splurge on anything for baby since the last update. Instead I have been looking at possible decorations for her nursery. I ordered this wood monogram in pink and am considering a few of these Disney watercolor prints (here, here and here).

No comments :
Post a Comment