Friday, March 7, 2014

The Gym Rat Report: Week 2

via Pinterest
Week 2 of my weight loss journey is underway and I was stoked to see that I lost a pound on the scale over the last week. I have been working with a trainer now for about a month and I am definitely starting to see some changes in my body shape. While I have not lost a ton of weight I definitely feel like I have put on some more muscle and my overall tone is starting to look better especially my quads and arms.

As I found myself working out on Monday doing some squats with my trainer, it was clear that I have become much stronger. I especially find my knee is getting stronger and glad I am doing this as it is a great post-therapy effort to keep my knee strong.

I also continued my pilates classes through the week. I have been trying to go 2-3 times a week and love it. It is a great way to stretch out and keep my hips flexible since that is always a huge problem for me.

Finally softball started back up this week. I am so glad to be playing with all my buddies again and I love the cross training aspect of it. I just need to keep reminding myself that its only company softball and not to put my knee or ankles at risk!

Next week I start my training for my half marathon on June 1st in San Diego. Any suggestions on great training programs?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...