![]() |
| via Pinterest |
Nike+ Fuelband: I have been wearing the Nike Fuelband since it first came out and have gone through a few after some breaks. I still really love this app, especially when I am traveling. This is probably most likely due to the fact that it gives you how many miles you walked that day, which when abroad is always mind blowing.
Nike+ Running and Runkeeper: I really like both of these apps, but honestly they are mostly interchangeable. The big difference I have found between the two is that the Nike+ Running app allows for treadmill and outdoor use which I love when I am at the gym. What I like better about Runkeeper is the ease of keeping up with your friend's fitness and the ability to cheer them on. A lot of times I used both simultaneously so I get the best of both features in my mind.
LoseIt: I started using this app with a few of my girlfriends in the new year to help lose weight. I love the fact that it can easily be used with friends and it is easy to track one another's progress. You also can't beat the fact that this is free unlike most other weight loss apps like Weight Watchers. Also it is impressive how many brand name items they have saved. There really is no excuse not to track.
MindBody: This app is pretty cool as it shows you all the different fitness classes going on in a particular area and in most cases allows you to sign up for a class. I use this app daily to sign up for my pilates classes at my gym, but have found it a great resource if you are interested in trying something new or even finding massages and facials in your area.
Waterin: This app is awesome! It is a good reminder to keep drinking your water all day and instead of keeping a scratch pad it slowly fills up your meter as you input data throughout the day. It is shockingly simple but totally worth it. It's free and it is amazing how little water most of us drink daily. It really keeps it in the forefront of your mind.
Nike Training Club: The go to on any business trip, this app has it all. Tons of different workouts for whatever situation you find yourself in. NTC was a serious godsend last year when I was constantly on the road, but I also have to admit I love using it at the gym. It is like having your own trainer in your pocket. The coaching and demos are great and I love that you can sync it up to your music library to keep moving through the whole workout.
13.one: I found this app when looking for half marathon training plans. I have used paper ones in the past but I really wanted to try this one. It takes the date of your race and skill level and maps out your training plan through race day. It uses GPS to monitor your runs, so if you run a treadmill it won't work, but I love that I just have my training regime right in my hand.
SeaWheeze: I am preparing for the 2014 SeaWheeze half marathon this August in Vancouver. It will be my second of three halfs in 2014 and I love this app because it is a training plan focused around not only running but yoga and pilates. I love the laid back vibe it takes and it is also a great planning resource for my race!
What are some of your favorite fitness apps?

the free wedding planner app addresses to makes the best wedding budget to their weddings.
ReplyDeleteHey Liz! Are you able to add a Tumblr Share button for your posts? I would love to reblog some of this stuff on my personal blog!
ReplyDelete