This post was sponsored by Simon Malls and Del Amo Fashion Center, but all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands and companies that make Headbands & Bagels possible!
Today's post is all about Back to School shopping. I don't know about all of you, but I cannot seem to help myself when back to school shopping time comes around. It's probably from all the years growing up, knowing that come August it was time to shop for new things for the year. It may also be due to the fact that fall is my favorite season, especially when it comes to fashion, and I am always excited to add new things. Whatever the reason, I was really excited when Del Amo Fashion Center and Simon Malls, asked if I wanted to collaborate on a back to school post and giveaway. I had the opportunity to shop at Old Navy, Gap, Typo, Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie.
Today's post is for the back to school girl in college. When I was in college, I worked a campus job for spending and shopping money, but my mom and dad always helped me out with stuff for school and my sorority. I always tried to mix some of my nicer pieces that I bought for sorority events with some cheaper pieces that if I grew out of or got damaged running about, I wouldn't be stressed. For that reason Old Navy and Gap have always been favorites of mine for Back to School, especially for comfortable basics that I can throw on and go with. Old Navy has some great deals right now, and I was able to snag this super comfortable striped t-shirt dress, varsity tee and NY Giants t-shirt (cause every girl needs to look cute supporting her team at the frat house on Sundays). I also love that Old Navy has super cute PJs for really cheap. I got this weekend warrior tank that I may wear out as well, but had to say no to the PJ shorts. I tried a size that was too big, cause they were out of my size!
 |
| Love a cute shirt for watching football with your guy friends. |
 |
| This shirt would be perfect for a day you are running late! |
 |
| Love this tank. Wish the shorts were a size or two smaller! |
In addition to Old Navy, I checked out Gap, which was one of my consistent stops in college when I needed something. They always have great basics in a lot of neutral colors, which was key for college. Their jeans also hold up to almost anything you can throw at them.
 |
| Gap has tons of great plaid prints right now. |
After Gap and Old Navy, I checked out Urban Outfitters and Typo for dorm and school supplies. Urban always has the best sarcastic pint glasses and funny little things to outfit your dorm. While freshman year you go into school with the absolute basics, as upperclassmen, we started to collect cute things for our places that were slowly expanding into full apartments. I love Urban's re imagine Polaroid cameras for snapping fun party pics, their pint glasses for your bedside table, and a cute little speaker that takes up no room but allows for amplified dance parties and fun.
 |
| The only question would be, what color Polaroid? |
Typo is a great store for all your notebooks and some decorations as well. They have awesome pencil cases in tons of styles as well as dozens of spiral notebook cover designs. I still use spiral notebooks at work and love to grab ones that reflect my personality in my meetings.
 |
| Love the vibe of Typo |
 |
| Some of my favorite notebook options |
Finally, I made a stop at Anthropologie. While higher end pieces, I used to scour the sale rack in college and a lot of my major moment dresses were from Anthro. For sorority events like rush and semi-formal to my graduation events, I was wearing Anthropologie. I love this coral dress for college because while it is super lady like and the scalloped hem is totally on trend, it is also insanely comfortable. It's like throwing on a t-shirt but your look is 1000 times more put together.
 |
| For those in apartments, a great candle can mask any college scent. |
 |
| The college student's dream, put together while remaining insanely comfortable. |
Thank you to Simon Malls and Del Amo Fashion Center for such a great evening of Back to School Shopping. And an even bigger thanks to them for collaborating with me to sponsor this giveaway. Simon Malls is offering a $100 Amex Gift Card to one of my readers. Open to US residents only, this card is accepted anywhere American Express is, so head over to your local Simon Mall property (they are all over the US) and get shopping! Enter using the widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I love Pac Sun for jeans and I love department stores like Macys and Dillards and of course Nordstrom . :)
ReplyDeleteI love going to gymboree and Gap :)' for my kids
ReplyDeleteAnthro and Target :)
ReplyDeleteJCPenney, The Buckle & Dillards.
ReplyDeleteTarget, Old Navy and Macys are my favorites.
ReplyDeleteBanana Republic, J Crew and Macy's.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is GAP
ReplyDeleteMy favorite stores for back to school shopping are Macy's, Kohl's, & The Buckle.
ReplyDeleteI like Target!
ReplyDeleteWe like Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Target for some basics, Kohl's and Gap Kids.
ReplyDeleteI love macys and j crew!
ReplyDeleteLike Old Navy for my boys
ReplyDelete(entered as Linda)
ReplyDeleteWe like Gap Kids, Old Navy, Macys and Target.
I love shopping at Old Navy, Gap, Target and Children's Place.
ReplyDeleteI like Oshkosh, JCPenney's and Target for back to school shopping.
ReplyDeletekellywcu8888ATgmailDOTcom
I like kohls and macys
ReplyDeleteI like to go back to school shopping at Target.
ReplyDeleterounder9834 @yahoo.com
winner come out?
ReplyDeleteCynthia, yes, A winner was selected at random and notified last week and their prize has gone out. The notification was posted on a post last week. Thank you for particpating! Look for more coming soon!
Delete