Is there anything more frustrating then reaching a plateau on your weight loss journey? With a clean bill of health finally after what feels like 2 years battling left knee injuries, two surgeries and hours upon hours of rehab, I'm thrilled to finally be active again. I took the step to join Weight Watchers online to help boost my weight loss as well as continuing working with a trainer on Monday nights, going to pilates two to three times a week and trying to cook more at home. There are the little things I've added too, like going for walks every hour or so at work to keep moving. It's honestly amazing how easily the day can slip away from you when working at a desk.
Still, no matter how focused we are on our goals, there is always a plateau point or two that come and just try to drag you down. I am in one of those right now. I am super proud of the 15 pounds I have shed since June, but I know I still have a ways to go (30 lbs more is my goal) and I seem to be hovering around this weight for a few weeks now. Frustration is setting in. Mind you we have been traveling a ton (I did not diet in Europe) and my schedule has not been consistent (I'm hoping this gets better as we get into fall), but it's still frustrating.
I consider myself a fairly confident person when it comes to my body image, but we all have those days that we just don't love ourselves necessarily. I think since getting married, I have loved myself more than before because I get that surge in confidence every time my husbands smiles at me, but this weight loss isn't about how I look in the mirror, but more about making sure I never have another knee surgery.
So as I face this current plateau, I remind myself that I am 33% of the way there and I am doing this for me and my knees, not for anyone else. I just need to power through this plateau and know that its just a speed bump on this journey.
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment