How To: Maintaining Your Inbox by preppy-lizzy featuring tech accessories
We all live in a digital age where we are inundated with email throughout the day everyday. To top it off we are all subscribed to more email list serves than we probably want to be. I pride myself on being prompt to respond to emails but sometimes, things fall through the cracks when we are overwhelmed. As a result, I find that I try to live by a few rules to maintain my inbox.
1. Important emails and those needing a response get flagged or stared. If you have an email that has important information or one that you still need to respond to, flag it or in your Gmail box, star it. Flagging tools allow you to mark your emails with different color flags to differentiate.
2. Use folders. I move emails to their respective folders as soon as I reply to them to keep the numbers of emails in my inbox to the minimum. When you get a reply it will jump back to your inbox and be coded to the appropriate folder, making it easy to keep on top of it.
3. Use tags. Mark your emails to the appropriate folder even if you don't move them there immediately. The colored tabs will make it easy to immediately know what that email relates to.
4. Use an unenroll program. There are number of programs available that will help you unsubscribe to email lists in bulk. Stay subscribed to only those you care about.
5. Use delete. Every morning I scan my inbox for whatever email I received over the night and do a mass delete for any emails that I don't need that day but don't want to unsubscribe from. Then I can easily tend to the emails I still have as unread.
What are your inbox management tips?
I don't know how I would manage without folders and labels in gmail! I'm trying to be better about unsubscribing from email lists whenever an email comes in that I don't want to keep up with
ReplyDelete