J Crew tuxedo shirt / Vero Moda peplum top / Collar jacket / J.Crew capri pants / Uttam Boutique pencil skirt / J.Crew flat shoes / Ivanka Trump pumps / Kate Spade crossbody purse / Olivia Burton watch / DailyLook bar necklace
Today's post is all about what I consider office staples. I work in a fairly conservative environment where I need to be ready to meet a customer at any given time. My office wardrobe consists of pieces that are easy to mix and match and I often find myself with multiples of one style. I think you can get by with a great work wardrobe with just a few pieces.
1. Black Pants. I love the Campbell Capri pants in Tall from J.Crew. They are super comfortable due to the cotton stretch, but retain their shape really well and always look tailored and professional. I have them in 4 colors.
2. A crisp button down. A classic white button down is a staple for any work closet. It can easily be dressed up or down. I like this tuxedo style from J.Crew but any white shirt that is well tailored to your shape will do.
3. A pencil skirt. A pencil skirt in a neutral color like navy is a great option. Just make sure that it comes to your knees and that the kick pleat does not reveal too much thigh when walking. Also make sure it does not ride up when walking.
4. Black blazer. I have a number of blazers in my closet, but I find my black blazers get the most rotation. They can be worked as suits with your black pants or with jeans or pencil skirts.
5. Structured Bag. A structured bag is always a go to choice for the office. It holds it shape no matter what it contains and is more polished than a hobo or soft body bag. I love picking a structured bag in a vibrant color rather than a neutral since its an easy way to infuse personality into your look.
6. Sleeveless Blouse. Sleeveless blouses are a staple for the office because it allows you to easily layer with cardigans or blazers as well as handle fluctuating office temperatures from AC or heat. I like a peplum blouse to balance my hips and show off my waist, but this is where you can pick a style that you are most comfortable in.
7. Simple Watch. Office jewelry should be simple and understated. I love a leather wristband for the office because it doesn't click against your desk when typing like metal styles do and it has a more understated elegance.
8. Delicate Necklace. Like the watch, I go with understated jewelry for work that allows me and my work to stand out in meetings rather than what I am wearing.
9. Flats. I survive most of the week in flats. I usually add color and pattern in my flats to infuse personality without being too loud. I love these houndstooth options from J.Crew.
10. Kitten Heels. Perfect for business meetings and presentations, heels give you an air of authority but kitten heels are more manageable for running around the office! I love Ivanka Trump's kitten heels for style and comfort.
No comments :
Post a Comment