Thursday, November 20, 2014

Race Like An Avenger

Mid race after we ran through Sleeping Beauty's Castle.
This past weekend I participated in the inaugural Avengers Half Marathon at Disneyland. I am a huge Marvel fan so I was stoked to see that Disney was embracing their superhero side and promoting an Avengers race. I dressed up as American Dream - The female counterpart to Captain America and I had a blast. I felt way better than I did after the Lululemon race since my knee got the all clear a few weeks ago.
 
Getting ready for the race to start.
Coming up to the start line.
I wasn't able to train for it like I had hoped but I finished, so that's something. The race started at 5:30am on Sunday morning, which I really liked since the temps stayed low well into the race. Nice for us slow pokes.
 
I really enjoy the Disney races since you get to run through the park and experience Disneyland in a way that most people don't get the chance to. Also since its November, the park was all Christmased out which made my day. I LOVE Disneyland during Christmas.
Cars Land all decorated for Christmas.
Sunrise in Cars Land.
Dan and my mother in law came to cheer me on and drove me down at 4:30am, Troopers! And I am pretty stoked about my sweet medal. I saw my nephews later in the day and they were pretty impressed with it, which is tough with a 12 and 8 year old.
Walked it in 3:40. Pretty happy with that for a walking time!
I haven't signed up for any new races for 2015, but I am thinking about repeating this one or doing the Star Wars one instead in January 2016.
Dan and I after the race. I was puffy and tired!

2 comments :

  1. What a fun race! I would love to run through Disneyland. I will definitely look into this for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...