Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Gift Wrap Guide
For anyone that has read my blog, you are well aware how much I love wrapping presents. It is hands down one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. To keep all my gifting straight I have started to follow some simple rules that have really served me over the years.
1. Wrap each families gifts in different papers. I assign one or two wrapping papers to each part of our family to keep all the presents straight under the tree. Rather than have to read each tag, the paper lets me know which part of my life the gift applies to. We have one grouping for Dan's mom's side of the family, another for his dad's side, another for my extended family Christmas on Christmas Eve, another for my family on Christmas day, and yet another for all our friends.
2. Presents are not complete without tags and bows. I put the extra effort in to add bows and tags to my gifts. Presentation and anticipation of a well wrapped gift partially heightens the excitement of the gift. It also looks way better under my tree in the meantime.
3. Stocking Stuffers get marked SS. It makes it easy to keep from accidentally putting them under the tree.
4. Keep your wrapping gear organized. I keep my gear in a hanging wrapping stand and box for wrapping paper. This way I always know wear to find my gear and my paper, bags, tags and ribbons all stay in tip top shape while being stored.
5. Don't rush. Enjoy the wrapping process and take your time. When you dedicate time to wrapping, they presentation improves ten fold. Put on a Christmas movie, make yourself a cup of hot chocolate, and get in the holiday spirit!
Labels:
gift guide
,
holiday
,
lifestyle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment