Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Currently... Holiday Edition

Currently...


There is something special about the holiday season that warrants it's own Currently. I don't know about all of you, but I revert to my inner child for much of the holiday season. As it is Christmas Eve and my family's holiday thrives upon tradition, this special Holiday Currently is all about what we'll be up to the next few days.

Reading: 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. My grandfather used to read this to my sister, cousins and I each Christmas Eve after we opened gifts and stockings and had dinner. Since he passed away my uncle and dad had taken over reading until recently when us kids starting taking turns. I love reading all the Christmas books from being a kid during the holidays. I am sure I will read The Polar Express and How the Grinch Stole Christmas before the week is out.

Eating: Tonight we will be feasting on stew and pate and cheese and champagne. My grandmother cooks an amazing meal every Christmas Eve and this year is stew. YUM!

Listening: Christmas Music. What else is new. Although tonight during our drive upstate my dad will be playing the audiobook of A Christmas Carol read by Jim Dale, the master of the Harry Potter series.

Watching: A Christmas Story. As of this evening, the 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story begins. We watch this throughout the night, and leave it on even during dinner, although almost none of us pay attention. I think we could all recite the entire movie from memory at this point. Tomorrow I am sure we will watch It's A Wonderful Life, so I'm prepping myself for some tears.

Craving: Crème Brule. My sister makes a great crème brule from scratch. In general she makes great deserts, but I am hoping she makes some of these this weekend. We will also be feasting on my aunt's killer Apple Cake tonight. Its soooo good.

Dreaming: Of Skiing. There will be some skiing this week but ski trip is not until February. Our next trip planned!

What traditions are you keeping this holiday week?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...