Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What a Proposal!

So if you haven seen my DVR, you know I love "How I Met Your Mother." Dan and I make a point to watch it every Monday night and I have never missed an episode. I also have all the earlier seasons on DVD. My husband told me one night when we were dating that I reminded him of Robin Scherbatsky. He was a keeper that very instant.

I have been a huge Barney and Robin supporter since they were dating and I have been anxiously waiting the episode they would get engaged since last season's finale when we flashed forward to Barney and Robin's wedding.

Now these two had been dancing around each other all season long with more ups and downs then I could deal with which in the end all turned out to be the final play of the playbook, The Robin. In typical Barney fashion, he basically played Robin all season long to get to the point where his final play also ended with him proposing to his best friend and only love, Robin. I am sure she will be dealing with the fact that their was some deceit in them getting to this point, but ultimately there is no one better for her and we all know that. It is also important to note that Barney did this only in hopes of winning her back, he knew there was a chance she would say no, but he had to try.


I love that HIMYM took the time to really give this episode and this moment its time to shine and instead of their typical 30 min show, did an entire hour last night. It really allowed all the characters a chance to shine in their story lines and set up so much for the rest of the season. The fact that it was Ted who drove Robin to the WWN building so she could stop Barney from proposing to Patrice was unbelievably selfless and I can only hope that Ted soon gets his happy ending. He epitomized the meaning of true friendship to both Barney and Robin in that episode. I am also not ashamed to say that I was in tears during that proposal. I thought it was Legendary!

I should also comment that the Jinx storyline in the first half of the episode is one of my favorites ever and integrated so nicely into Ted breaking the jinx to tell Robin about Barney and Patrice. This only reiterates the strong writing that has accompanied this show since its inception.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season coming in January. There is so much to look forward to: bachelor/bachelorette parties which I am sure will be Legen.. wait for it and I hope you are not lactose intolerant... dary!, wedding planning with Lily, a refocus on Ted and his search for true love, and I've heard a Robin Sparkles episode on February 4th. So let's Suit Up everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...