We all made the decision at the start of this trip to do Vegas on the cheap and spent our nights at the recently remodeled Flamingo and spent our gambling hours at New York, New York, Harrah's and Casino Royale. The Flamingo was a pretty decent choice for a Vegas hotel. We were able to stay Friday and Saturday night for $84 a night after taxes and the rooms were decent, but what makes Flamingo is its strip location. Caesar's Palace is directly across the street and we are centrally located to a lot of the casinos we want to hit, especially since we found ourselves ending our nights at the $3 craps tables at Casino Royale, which was just down the street.
| Our Humble Abode for the Weekend Debauchery |
Friday night we went for a more casual night out. Having just drove 4 hours from LA, we weren't relaxing and mixing up some drinks in the room until just before 6pm. As a result no one was getting ready for a super fancy night out. Instead we all decided to rock our skinny jeans get the night started. We hit some Mexican restaurant at the Flamingo at 10pm for dinner and then we were off to play $3 Craps and $5 Blackjack at Casino Royale. The tables were hot that night and I earned the nickname Sparkles with a roll that lasted over 45 minutes. Everyone was having a great time, and I found myself wrapping up for the night around 3:30am with our friend Daniel - I was glad that he was still with me to walk back together. I will also say that my decision to wear flats Friday night was one of the best choices I made. First of all, I am already taller than all the other girls and some of the guys in our group, so I don't have to wear heels, and having stood at Craps for over 4 hours, I am glad I could walk home comfortably.
Saturday during the day, we enjoyed brunch at The Bellagio. If you ever go, get the Maryland Crab Cake Eggs Benedict. I try to go every time we are in Vegas because they are that good. We then spent the rest of the day wandering the strip, hitting New York, New York where we redeemed our futures bet on the Heat winning the NBA finals last year, and Heather, Kathryn and I played Roulette for the first time. It was a really fun day and the dealer working the Roulette table was so helpful and fun that the time went by fast. Again I went for comfort first and was glad when we were getting ready for Saturday night that my feet were fresh and I was ready to go.
Saturday night we hit this really cool outdoor bar with tables and a kick ass live band. It was situated between Harrah's and the Flamingo. The tables were cheap, the drinks not too bad and if you were gambling they actually gave you decent drinks (not all casinos give out decent drinks). I was so happy to get our dance on and the tent ceiling had heat lamps so we were not cold, but also not sweaty either. Perhaps the most perfect dancing conditions I have ever experienced in Vegas.
Now I will say that I am just not a club person, I love lounges and bars with dance floors but I hate how pretentious clubs are (especially Vegas clubs), so I try to avoid them if at all possible. You have so many other options in Vegas so why put yourself through the torture of paying a bunch of money to get into a club, only to pay for drinks that are double the price of any Vegas bar, and then be yelled at by bouncers if you even try to sit down at a table that you did not reserve. Ugh, not for me. But this night was amazing and I am glad my hubs and friends were there with me.
Anyways, it was my goal to keep my Sparkles nickname alive and I did my best to live up to the expectation. Still, I am not sure if I can ever go gamble at Casino Royale again, unless I am rocking something sequined.
Finally Sunday morning, we checked out and headed to Caesar's Palace to catch the morning football games and grab some brunch. We ate at Munch Bar which has great burgers and then hit the road. Honestly if you are in the mood for some good burgers with great topping choices, hit Munch. You will be satisfied when you leave.
No comments :
Post a Comment