Since the retrospective took up an entire hour, the show was like always an hour long. I honestly felt that it was a little rushed for an hour and would have preferred a shorter look back and maybe an hour and a half show. The five year jump came quickly and only had like 6 minutes of airtime and then the series was over, I wish they had given that a little more credence and given some more closure to all our characters and not just one or no liners.
Still I am pleased to say that finding out who Gossip Girl was was surprising and not surprising at the same time.
SPOILER ALERT: At first I couldn't believe that Lonely Boy himself was the man behind the phenomena, but then it started to make sense. He had a younger sister, so he got girl talk, he wanted a chance to be in the in crowd and of course he always had Serena as a muse. He made her an It Girl only for the chance to one day be an insider not just an outsider looking in.
I also could buy that most of the group was just impressed or forgave him so easily, since as Nate pointed out, he didn't post about life threatening things, like Chuck and Blair's accident. And honestly, no one's life was ruined by Gossip Girl, in fact, it helped them in the press in their current careers and lives.
But back to the flash forward. I was happy to see Chuck and Blair happily married with a son, but wished that we really could have had more time to enjoy where all the characters were in their lives at that point and that we could have actually enjoyed Dan and Serena's wedding.
XOXO Gossip Girl
No comments :
Post a Comment