Friday, December 6, 2013

Meet Beautiful Life & Style - Blogger Q&A

Erika of Beautiful Life & Style is a great friend of mine from college. We recently spent a week in Baltimore together at the Society of Women Engineers National Conference. We used to be neighbors in Cambridge when I lived in Boston, but now we are 3000 miles apart! Miss this girl!

Erika is a civil engineer by trade and she writes about travel, architecture, art, food and fashion in her amazing blog. You should really check her blog out!

Describe your personal style in three words.
1. Classic
2. Girly
3. Polished

Erika of Beautiful Life and Style
I can’t leave home without:
Checking myself in the mirror at least three times!

If I were any accessory, I would be:
My go to: a scarf. I like to think I'd be a Hermes one.

Where are your three favorite places to shop?
1. Charles Street - I am lucky to live <10 minutes from one of the most charming shopping streets in the country. It's straight out of a storybook! A few favorite stores include North River Outfitters, Holiday and Good.
2.  Neiman Marcus (when I can afford it!)
3. JCrew. What blogger DOESN'T love JCrew???
Charles Street in Boston, MA

What is your favorite travel outfit?
I try my best to balance style with comfort. Usually I’m wearing comfy flats (currently living in Charles Philip slippers), corduroy leggings, a pretty button down, a pashmina-which doubles as my blanket for the flight, and my biggest Chanel sunglasses-to block out the misery.

What outfit to you go do when you want to feel strong and powerful?
For me it’s less about the outfit and what’s underneath that counts! Maybe this is TMI- but if I have a big day ahead, I’m putting on my most expensive bras and panties for that strong sexy feeling. Think the opening scene of the Devil Wears Prada- those fashionistas knew how to start the day right!

What is your go-to handbag right now?
I’m in the market for a new one, but right now I have an oversized brown suede kooba bag with nailhead studs in the rotation that is SO fall. I love it.

What are you reading right now?
I'm reading a lot of blogs - see below!

What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
I secretly love reading the NY Times Weddings Section over a cup of tea.

What post or blog milestone are you most proud of?
I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for two years now! Blogging is always forcing me to go on new adventures but one of my favorites will always be the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in NY. I won a contest by Bergdorf Goodman and my boyfriend and I were treated to a real VIP experience. It remains one of my most popular posts, and one of my favorite memories.
Erika at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in NY.
What blogs have you visited recently?
So hard to pick just a few! Favorites include: Sketch 42 for an amazing Art and Design aesthetic, Daily Cup of Couture for a high-end dose of fashion, and {Dear Friend} a fellow Bostonian with a beautiful outlook on life.

1 comment :

  1. I love that you describe yourself as classic girly and polished.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...