It's 2014 and like every year I try to make some resolutions. A few years ago one of my resolutions was to put myself out there more and that was the year I met my wonderful husband, Dan. I think that if you give yourself attainable goals and resolutions and you really work towards them you can do it. I don't think it is necessary to create resolutions just for the sake of saying you have one. I also think that you need to be fully invested in your resolutions and want to accomplish them. Putting myself out there more was something I knew I wanted to work on. I love all my friends but was always shy with the opposite sex when I was interested in them. I would settle to be just their friend and not strive for anything more. I think something clicked for me when one of my guy friends told me they are just as scared of being rejected but that doesn't mean you don't try. That conversation gave me the courage to not be afraid of rejection and instead have an open minded mindset, open to a relationship. It was the best resolution I ever made.
 |
| Joining dodgeball was the best decision I ever made. Dan and I right after we started dating. |
For 2014, my goal is to try and improve my health. Last year was rough for me with a long term injury and it really stalled my fitness goals. I want to strive to make at least 6 pilates classes a month (try for 8), as well as start spinning more and just do something physical everyday. I also want to run another half marathon this year. My sister-in-law, Laura, and I are potentially planning on running the Lululemon Half in Vancouver this summer.
 |
| My last half marathon, in January 2012. |
My other resolution is to save more. This is something I started on in 2013 and I want to continue the trend. We are at the point in our lives where lots of friends and family are getting married and we are traveling all over the US to celebrate. I am good with that as both Dan and I feel that money spent on experiences is so much more value added than just on material things. We love to travel and so I want to spend less on clothes and such, which will help me save for big experiences like trips to Europe or dive trips to remote locations.
 |
| Dan and I in Japan this past summer. |
Are you keeping any resolutions for 2014?
No comments :
Post a Comment