Friday, June 20, 2014

Game of Thrones

Disclaimer from the start, I don't hide my nerdiness. I am a big Game of Thrones fan and not just of the show but the books as well. I love how the show as brought to life the characters I have imagined for so long and I wanted to dedicate this post to the ladies GOT and the fashions they inspire. Between Ceresi, Arya and Daenerys, all three girls are powerful warriors in their own right and inspire very different looks in my mind.

Game of Thrones


For Ceresi Lannister the colors of scarlet and gold immediately come to mind. Not only are they the colors of their bannermen but the Lannisters live and die by their gold. If I were to imagine Ceresi for modern times, I think first of a red body con dress with cutouts and all gold accents including a lion pendant for her house.

When I think of Arya Stark, I think of Warrior Girl. She is a tomboy at heart and totally uninterested in dresses. I imagine a modern Arya in leather skinnies, a structured top with sharp lines like this bodice, studded heels and a chain mail necklace to represent her aspirations of being a knight.

Finally for the Mother of Dragons, Daenerys Targaryen, I am immediately drawn to the blues like her costumes on the show. She spends her times in the books to this point in the deserts south of Kings Landing where lightweight fabrics, flat gladiator sandals and simple gold jewelry balance her status as a queen with her status as an army general.

I totally admit to being a geek with this post but I think it is really fun to re imagine characters for a modern age, especially three women who are so different yet all powerful. Who is your favorite GOT female? How would you imagine them for modern age?

2 comments :

  1. I am the world's biggest Game of Thrones fan! I took one of those "who are you in GOT" quizzes and got Danaerys, I was so childishly happy. I'm 3/4 of the way through the 5th book and itching for the next one! Love the DVF gown, perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...