This post is sponsored in conjunction with SingleHop.com. Headbands & Bagels did not receive any compensation for this post.
Today I am partnering with SingleHop.com. They are trying to spread the word about online safety by partnering with bloggers to share with things they would never share online. After the most recent leaks of personal information online, it is ever important to be vigilant and attentive to what you share online.
Here are my top five things to never share online:
1. Passwords. Passwords should be like your toothbrush in that you should change it often but never share. Passwords should also never be written down but memorized. Phrases with a mixture of letters and characters are the best kind as they are harder to crack.
2. Exact addresses. Bloggers commonly share tips about their cities or their hometowns, but what is important is to never share your exact address. Keep it vague here. You don't want people showing up on your street or your front door. This also goes with travel information. If you share your address you really don't want to share your travel plans as its an invitation to be robbed.
3. Financial Info. Never share who you bank with, where you bank or who you have credit cards with. It's just asking for trouble. Be especially careful when sharing credit card numbers or bank account numbers for online transfers.
4. The name of your company or you kids' schools. This goes with not having a bumper sticker for your kids school on your car. You don't want to create unnecessary targets of yourself or your kids. Give yourself some privacy here.
5. Personal info from others without their permission. As bloggers we make a decision to share a lot of our lives online with our readers, but that does not give us the authority to share personal information about our friends and family without their knowledge. It is important just to ask permission and then move forward. Your relationships will better from honesty with those you love.
Also a reminder that I am co-hosting a giveaway to Francesca's. You can enter through Sunday! See the rafflecopter below.
$230 Francesca's Collection Giveaway!
The Giveaway goes live on Monday, June 9 at 12:00 am PST and ends Sunday, June 15 at 12:00 pm PST. Winner will be announced Monday, June 16

It's Mostly About Fashion // Lisa A La Mode // Something Good // Bless Her Heart Y'all // Willfully Elegant
Wilde In The City // Nicole To The Nines // Fashion Bling & OGT // Pretty In Her Pearls // I'm Perfectly Human
a Rafflecopter giveaway




A great post! I just wanted to stop in and say hi! I am actually another co-hoster of the Francesca's giveaway. I am so glad that I did it because I found your blog. I'm your latest follower love! :)
ReplyDelete