| Blazer: Lilly Pulitzer (old - similar); Dress: eShakti (c/o); Shoes: J.Crew (old - similar); Bag: Coach; Watch: Kate Spade; Bangles: Margaret Elizabeth; Sunglasses: Ray-Ban |
Beyond customization by your measurements, eShakti will also do neckline, hem and sleeve customizations so that you feel perfect in your piece. It is really rather amazing and right now they are running a special of buy two dresses, get one free. The service is fast and the designs make you feel like a million bucks as you slip them on.
eShakti offers clothing ranging from sizes 0 to 36 and have grown tremendously from their roots as a small online company offering basic cottons and embellishments. They have design teams in California, New York and India and every piece is cut to order whether you order a standard size or input your measurements. Items ship from India via DHL so packages can be slow, especially due to clearing customs, etc. This is a big reason why packages from overseas companies can be slower than you hope.
Still ordering custom can be scary and I have to admit I was nervous the dress wouldn't fit when I tried it on. I would really be sure to double check my measurements if you are going with the custom size. It's like bridesmaid dress shopping, safer to order larger and get it tailored than order too small. But it is a nice option for those of us who are very pear shaped. Almost every dress I buy has to be tailored because I have to buy a size up for my bottom, so its nice to not have to factor in tailoring costs for custom pieces.
I have seen a number of mixed reviews online for them but I can only speak about my experience which was pretty seamless. It also seems that most of the negative reviews online are from a number of years ago. I did not see as much negative traffic in recent years.
I should note that the dress is not lined so it is not as high of quality as more traditional clothing options, but the prices are reasonable and the colors are dark so I didn't really have an issue. I also got a lot of compliments on my dress, so overall I am very happy. I cannot speak about their standard sizes, as I went custom, but I was pretty satisfied with the results.
eShakti has been featured in a number of style magazines recently including Glamour, People StyleWatch, Redbook, Women's Day, Oprah and more. They are also offering readers of Headbands & Bagels 10% off now through July 5th. You just need to enter headsandbageles in the promo box (make sure to note the spelling). You can use the code as many times as you want and can be combined with other promotional offers unless otherwise stated. It can not be used on any sale, overstock or clearance items. Enjoy!
That's a very pretty dress....love the color and the huge stripes. I love eShakti's custom concept and it's so affordable!
ReplyDeleteRebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com
Rebecca
DeleteThank you so much! It is a great summer wear.