Tuesday, June 24, 2014

SCBS Monthly Link Up: Summer Entertaining

Today is all about Summer Entertaining. We are taking part in our Monthly SoCal Blogger LinkUp. This month, the lovely Kate of Nautical By Nature is the head blogger and no one better could be leading us on Summer Entertaining.

When I think of Summer Entertaining, I think of hosting a great cocktail party for friends. I love a good summer cocktail and living in California, I think of drinks with super fresh fruits and sparkling soda. I love hosting little gatherings for either a great night of TV like True Blood or to sit out on the patio or at the beach.

Summer Entertaining


Here are three of my favorite drinks to make for friends. The first is a Pineapple Blackberry Mojito and the second is a Tangerine Citrus Sparkler. The last is a classic Pina Colada.

For the Pineapple Blackberry Mojito you will need to muddle a handful of blackberries and mint into the bottom of a highball glass. If you want to get even fruitier, add some crushed pineapple to the muddle process as well.. Then add 2oz clear rum and 3oz pineapple juice. To finish add club soda, a blackberry and sprig of mint!

For the Tangerine Citrus Sparkler, take one can of Izzie's Tangerine Sparkling Juice, 3oz Citron Vodka, and a splash of simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until chilled and serve.

Finally for a classic Pina Colada, take 3oz rum, 2 oz crushed pineapple, 2oz pineapple juice, 2oz creme de coco (coconut), ice and blend. The trick is to add both the crushed pineapple and pineapple juice. It enhances the depth of flavor.

Enjoy responsibly!

   photo monthlylinkupbadge_zpsff0e4704.jpg

2 comments :

  1. Can you believe this is the last season of True Blood? I'm going to have withdrawals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...