Sunday, February 8, 2015

Dry Shampoo Styling

via
Ever since I got pregnant, my hair texture has really changed. I used to have super oily hair that I had to wash daily. Dry shampoo would do little to reduce the oil. But the great news is that my hair is finally so much less oily and I can really minimize how often I need to wash my hair, especially with the help of dry shampoo.

On the days that I use my dry shampoo, I tend to style my hair more. Dirtier hair usually lends well to updos. Some of my favorite dry shampoo styles are as follows:

The Textured Ponytail You can do this high or low. The key is getting some dry shampoo sprayed into your ponytail giving it more texture. I also try to make sure that I don't pull my hair too tight but give it volume.

French Braids Braids of all kinds are a great way to style with dry shampoo. It grips well and can be styled into so many looks. You can just wear your braids down, do a fishtail, pin them up, really the sky is the limit!

Half Up/Half Down One of my go to looks growing up. You can keep your hair off your face and still get the benefit of the volume you get from dry shampoo.

High Bun If all else fails, go for a bun. High, low, ballerina, messy; they all work. Personally a high, messy bun is one of my easy go tos.


2 comments :

  1. What kind of dry shampoo do you use/recommend? I want to start using one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Not Your Mother's best. I've gone through a ton but that's my favorite so far!
      http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3560097

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...