Since fall comes for us when winter is arriving for the rest of the East Coast, so I have started to associate Fall temperatures with the coming of Christmas. It is kind of amazing because this is my favorite holiday and Fall is my favorite season. Still, I don't think I will ever get used to seeing palm trees covered in Christmas lights at the shopping malls...
Monday, November 12, 2012
Fall, Are you finally here?
So many of you may note from my earlier post about boots that I was so excited to finally welcome the Fall season to Southern California. Well apparently Fall lied. It was not quite prepared to come a few weeks ago, but right after that post, the weather turned right back into summer and 90 degree heat. But as I stepped off the plane last night from a week long business trip and conference in Houston, TX (where Fall was being just as fickle) I was welcomed with a blast of cool inviting air on the jet way. Could my favorite season finally be here to stay? I quickly threw on my Lulu Scuba Hoodie since I was somewhat unprepared for the chill and giggled, yes giggled as I hurried through the terminal to meet my husband at the curb.
When I woke up this morning, the weather was still cold and crisp and our townhouse was chilly. I love the fall and winter where we live. We don't have AC but we do have heat, but I only turn it on if its really cold. I would rather use the blankets and feel some sense of NY during the holidays. I am so excited because it is finally cool enough to break out my collection of J.Crew Schoolboy blazers which I can now wear all day without feeling like I may feint from overheating, my boots and booties, my hall closet where my jackets lay dormant for 8 months of the year, and my massive drawer of scarves - the ultimate fall accessory ladies.
Since fall comes for us when winter is arriving for the rest of the East Coast, so I have started to associate Fall temperatures with the coming of Christmas. It is kind of amazing because this is my favorite holiday and Fall is my favorite season. Still, I don't think I will ever get used to seeing palm trees covered in Christmas lights at the shopping malls...
Since fall comes for us when winter is arriving for the rest of the East Coast, so I have started to associate Fall temperatures with the coming of Christmas. It is kind of amazing because this is my favorite holiday and Fall is my favorite season. Still, I don't think I will ever get used to seeing palm trees covered in Christmas lights at the shopping malls...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

No comments :
Post a Comment