Friday, November 23, 2012

Military Chic. Lightweight and Versatile to Boot.

A few weeks ago I went up to San Francisco to watch the Giants beat up on the 49ers and see my friend Katie before she moved back to NY from Stanford. Friday night, Katie and I had an old fashioned sleepover and girl chatted from drinks to dinner to late in the evening.

Something I have to say about Katie. She is one of the most fashion conscious people I know. Maybe it is because she spends her day in scrubs as a doctor, but she always looks great when she goes out. Still she never looks like she tries hard. I love her look and her eye and that weekend, Katie inspired me yet again with a great Military style field Jacket from J.Crew Factory. Now I know the quality of J.Crew Factory is not always comparable to J.Crew, but I have to say this jacket was impeccable. It's gold hardware gave the olive jacket a luxe feel and it only got better looking with age.

The following day, I spent the day on the 17-Mile Drive and closed the day at the Outlets in Gilroy. I made a plan to stop into a few of my outlet favorites: Tahiri, J.Crew, Coach and Banana Republic. While the other three were busts, J.Crew Factory was a pleasant surprise. I was able to pick up a few button downs, a belt and the Field Jacket that Katie was rocking the night before. At the time, I didn't realize hers was also from J.Crew factory from 2 years ago, but it seemed like a good fit and I fell in love the second I tried it on.

Turns out J.Crew realized the jacket was so popular that within a week of my Factory purchase, J.Crew started carrying the exact jacket in their regular stores and online and discontinued carrying it in their outlet stores. So maybe for once our Factory shoppers were ahead of the curve and helping to set new J.Crew trends.
What I'm Loving... The J.Crew Field Jacket


It comes in navy as well as the olive color, I purchased. If you want to slowly try out the military trend, this jacket is the one for you.

Have you embraced the military trend yet? Here are some other options to explore.
Military Inspired Outerwear


1 comment :

  1. omg i love you!!!! could i love this blog any more?? i love the jacket in the blue too. MISS YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...