Thursday, November 29, 2012

Why I'm Loving Mindy Kaling

I know a lot of you are like me and find Mindy Kaling hilarious.While we most fell in love with her on "The Office," I have to say I have a new found place in my humor heart for her after reading her book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns).


The book should be considered a autobiography of her life, and while she states she is no Tina Fey, I still found myself laughing out loud throughout the book. The great thing about Mindy is her ability to find humor in so many situations, and is more than willing to give an honest reflection of herself.
The Back Cover of her Book.
Now Mindy was always funny as Kelly Kapoor on "The Office," and throughout her book she draws parallels between herself and Kelly, it is really her new show that has made her a comedy standout in my eyes. Pairing Mindy's autobiography with her new role as Mindy Lahiri on "The Mindy Project," you cannot help but fall in love with this girl. 
Some Kelly Kapoor Antics on "The Office"

Every episode I have found myself laughing out loud at the antics she gets herself into. While they seem far fetched at times, I realize that after reading her autobiography, she again has written much of her own personality and quirks into her character. The love of romantic comedies, her dating life, etc all seem to be drawn from real life. It makes her and her show even more endearing.

Honestly just give the pilot a chance and if it has not convinced you, then maybe its not the show for you. Still, I don't know how anyone could not laugh their ass off at a drunken toast at an Ex's wedding followed by a BUI (biking under the influence) which results in off-roading into a swimming pool.
Mindy Lahiri giving a drunken speech at her Ex's wedding
on "The Mindy Project" pilot.

I highly suggest that you explore "The Mindy Project" as soon as possible. All the episodes are available on Hulu+, which is absolutely worth $7.99 a month by the way. And get around to reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) ASAP. Download it to your kindle, borrow a friend's copy or get your but to Barnes and Noble and start laughing your ass off. It's a great mood lifter and a light and easy read.
Told you she was funny!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...