Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Newlywed's Perfect Purchase

Earlier today, I finally made a purchase that I had been thinking about for months. Macy's was offering 20% off everything on our registry that remained through Tuesday, rather than the regular 10% completion offer. Along with their Election Sale, I finally pulled the trigger and picked us up the Dyson Cordless Vacuum that I have been coveting for over a year now.
As I walked out of the store carrying my brand new toy by its box handle, I found myself giggling like a little girl who just picked out the Barbie she had been eyeing at Toys R Us week after week. I never realized that such a domestic purchase could make anyone so happy, especially one you only use when doing chores. Still I rushed home and found myself breaking open the seal of the box the moment I stepped through the door.
I wonder if this is my newlywed brain kicking in, but now that I have both myself and my husband to keep house for, I find so much more joy in housework and making our home comfortable and stylish for the two of us. I normally spend Sundays watching football and cleaning the house, and I knew I has a number of chores still on my list, but they could wait, I was getting my charger station set up ASAP. After wandering around the house trying to decide upon a good place to mount the vacuum, I finally pulled the trigger and mounted it to the wall next to my desk (where it is semi-hidden and out of the way). Now while I am patiently waiting the 3.5 hours for the unit to be charged so I can continue my chore list, I decided to share my excitement with you all.
Is there a home item that makes you squeal with delight? Between my Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer and Dyson cordless, I know I am one happy newlywed.


Domestic Love

2 comments :

  1. I love my Dyson. It is the demigod of household cleaning accessories. I would also add: handheld imersion blender and automatic wine opener.
    x, LR squared

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan was telling me about your vacuum yesterday and I immediately asked him if it was a Dyson, because my theory is 'once you have a Dyson, you've made it'! Congrats on your excellent purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...