Tuesday, November 6, 2012

So I bought them, what do I do with them?

I dedicate this post to my sorority grandbaby, Robyn, who asked me to followup my booties post with ways to style your new booties. I want to give a disclaimer that these are not the only ways to style them, or maybe even the best way, but I have found these looks are cute and usually easy to accomplish with what already exists in your closet.

I have style four different looks based on four different booties styles. The first is an outfit around Leather Peep Toe Booties. You can find these types of booties for a range of prices and fabrics but I have chosen to show you a dream pair. These types of ankle boots are great with cropped pants, like the ones shown from JCrew, and a blouse that floats away from the body. Top it all off with a great leather or leather trimmed jacket. This outfit is great for the office or a night out. It also looks great with any structured handbag.

Styling Leather Peep Toe Booties




The second look is also great for work or for dinner and drinks with the girls or your hubby. These hybrid style booties and chunky heels are amazing with a circle skirt and a fitted or peplum top. To balance the fullness of the skirt, I usually pair this with a lightweight top that is a little more conservative. With a great higher neck top, you can easily dress up this look with a high, full bun, some great statement earrings and a delicate ring. Don't forget your accessories and hair style when doing your look. It really completes your look and gives a standard look, your stamp of personality.


Styling your hybrid ankle boot/heels




The third look is great for running errands on the weekend or a Friday off. If you work in a more casual work environment where jeans are acceptable office attire, this is also a great work look. I personally work for an engineering company where jeans are acceptable for daily wear, but I would still choose to dress them up with a great blouse, trench and booties. The great thing about wearing booties like this with boot cut jeans is that they create the illusion that you have full size boots on, it is too hard to tell, they also give you a great leg line. Topping this look off with a great trench and a statement cocktail ring. Complete the look with some great sunglasses that represent your personality and you are ready to go.


Leather Ankle Boots = Weekend Chich



The final look is is a great weekend look as the temperatures drop and may be my favorite of the bunch. This look is inspired by what I would want to wear at my parent's cabin during the fall, but still deserves regular wear even if you live in the big city. I am obsessing over this new sweater from JCrew. The color is gorg and the pattern around the neck eliminates the need for a necklace. All you need for jewelry is a delicate ring, like this bow ring from Kate Spade. I love pairing this graphic sweater with some great mustard skinny cords and the McAllister wedge booties from J.Crew. To complete the look, I paired my JCrew hobo that is great due to its wonderful color, supple color and great storage.


Styling at the Cabin



Now that I have shared some of my favorite looks, how do you style your booties?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...