Thursday, November 8, 2012

Falling in Love With... J.Crew Update

So I told you all I would be stopping by J.Crew on Tuesday and like I promised, I did! I checked out all the pieces I was falling in love with and found pieces I fell in love with more!

J. Crew is still running its sale through tonight both in stores and online. So if you haven't taken advantage yet, what are you waiting for? You get 25% off with free shipping on orders over $150 with the code OURTREAT (you don't need a code or email in stores).

An update on the items from my first post: 1. the Origami Sheath Dress in Hammock Green - the color is even more amazing in person and really looks great on, even for us curvy girls (although you may have to size up and get it tailored); 2. the Fair Isle Ski Sweater - while I loved this look on the mannequin, it just didn't work on me. I am a chesty girl (34DD) and the embroidered pattern makes the neck of this sweater tighter around the chest than any other area. It would probably be great on smaller chested girls, unfortunately did not work for me; 3. the Polka-dot Sequin Top in Black - again a great top on, but very short, so if you are chesty or long torso-ed beware!; 4. the MacAlister Wedge Bootie in Nut - Amazing Amazing Amazing also Super Comfy, oh and did I say, Amazing?; and 5. the Schoolboy Blazer in Dark Grape - another great color in a classic J.Crew style. You cannot go wrong here. If you don't already own a schoolboy blazer get yourself one ASAP.


Falling in love with... J.Crew



Now for the new loves: 1. the J.Crew Collection Lustre Lace Mock Turtleneck Tee in Navy - this top is super flattering on and is super sexy while staying covered up. Its a great alternative for those of us who do not want to be flashing a lot of skin (especially our arms) and it is cut for a woman's curves so it is not tight around the hips. It is absolutely worth the try on. It also comes in a pink color, but I was not impressed with it - I think it will wash out almost ever skin tone.; 2. the Dream Colorblock Elbow-Patch Sweater in Flax Cabernet - this sweater is a cashmere blend sweater so it is super soft and is a preppy girl's dream with adorable suede elbow patches.  It has a great button detail on the left shoulder that really helps make it special from every angle. It comes in three great color combos, but I fell in love with the flax cabernet combo so much that I got it for my sister-in-law for her birthday as well. Can't wait til the day we go out matching!; 3. the Cambridge Cable Turtleneck Sweater in Red Chili - it just screams holiday season, I can't stand it. I cannot wait to rock this sweater throughout November and December and to countless holiday parties including 2012 Sweaterfest. It would look great with almost any outfit and instantly brighten any mood; 4. the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double Serge Wool in Antique White - this skirt is perfect for holiday parties as well as for work. Personally I cannot wait to pair it with both the Lustre Lace Mock Turtleneck and the Cambridge Cable Turtleneck Sweater. I think either is a great option for a holiday get together and keeps me looking polished and chic. I am excited to try this winter white trend. Has anyone else tried it yet?; and 5. the Sasha Suede Pumps in Black with Gold Cap Toe (current sold out). How I wish these were still in stock. They would complete any outfit combo I could make with the choices below, but sadly they are not even found online anymore. With that said, I still think a pair of black pointy toe pumps with a gold cap toe would be amazeballs with any of these outfits. Thoughts???


Falling in Love With... J.Crew Update



Did anyone take advantage of the sale??? Fill me in!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...