Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Black Friday Shoppers' Survival Guide


Black Friday Survival Guide

Black Friday is almost upon us, especially because this year most stores open on Thanksgiving Day. I don't know about most of you, but I just don't want to break away from Thanksgiving festivities to go shopping on Thursday.

Since I've been going to Thanksgiving with Dan's family, I have started to go shopping on Black Friday though. It has kind of become a girl's tradition every year. As a result I picked up some tips from the last few years.

If you are going for the open and doorbuster deals:
1. If you want a door buster deal, you have to be there early. Dan and I did this once when we were dating at Target when he needed a new TV. We got there around midnight, set up and waitied it out until 4am. Now this isn't so bad living in Southern California (I don't know if I could do this living anywhere else.)

2. If limited quanities, know the store layout and divide and conquer. We knew Target had two TVs on sale only 25 of each. Check those flyers to see the quanities so you know which items to grab first. We then each went for one TV and regrouped.

3. If limited quanities, grab both and narrow down your decision as you do the rest of your shopping. If you can grab two similar items and then make a decision do it. Don't feel guilty, you want to avoid buyer's remorse if you feel you should have gone for the other one.

If you are going later in the day:
1. Crowds are not that bad later in the morning. I am hoping this is even more the case due to opening on Thanksgiving Day this year.

2. Deals last until about 1pm. Be strategic about what stores you are going to hit before 1pm when the biggest deals end. Almost every store is offering some sort of discount all day, so priortize the ones with time limits first.

3. Have a list. Have at least a list of everyone you still need to buy for so you don't go overboard. You don't want to end up with extra stuff for no reason.

4. Hydrate and Caffinate. Grab coffee on your way and drink plenty of water. Make sure you have snacks in your bag too. No one likes a cranky shopper. And nice shoppers get treated better by store clerks.

5. Have fun! If you don't find everything on your list thats ok. Enjoy the time and go shopping with friends or family. Make it a social event rather than a sprint. It's the holidays after all.

6. Treat Yourself Too! Who said you can't also pick up a little something to reward all your hard work?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...