What's Been on my Kindle? - October 2013
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
I am generally very hesitant of what I would consider a self help book. I was not the biggest fan of Eat, Pray, Love when everyone else was fawning over the book and so I very hesitantly chose to read Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. It was not preachy but had some legitimate advice I felt I may be able to use moving forward in my own life. I love the way she set goals for herself. I felt a kindred spirit with Gretchen and wish her the greatest of luck on her future happiness endeavors! I still don't think I am fully going to jump on the bandwagon for self help or self work books but this one was pretty good.
3 snaps for me.
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
I wanted to add some classics exposure to this month since I had been primarily reading current literature. When I got my first kindle I downloaded dozens of classics to my kindle account for free (thank you to the Gutenberg Press!) and was now excited to start checking the classics off the list in between the modern literature reads. I never read Dorian Gray or much Oscar Wilde for that matter in high school or college but had always wanted to. I am an avid reader and loved English throughout high school and college. I still have all my books sitting our bookshelf over my computer at home.
The story of Dorian Gray is the story of a young and beautiful man who has the potential to see how every action he takes effects his moral compass and soul visually and not just mentally. It is a complex look at a man's soul and how the choices we make we take with us throughout our lives.
3.5 snaps for me.
No comments :
Post a Comment