Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What to Wear: Summer Weddings

What to Wear: Summer Weddings



Today's post is all about what to wear to your summer weddings this year. Tackling the four most popular attire requests for summer weddings I hope I was able to capture ideas for whatever type of nuptials you may be attending. 

Black Tie can go either cocktail length or floor length dresses and should be in darker more jewel tone colors. Pair these with a great pair of strappy heels and some gorgeous cocktail jewels. Pick one statement piece to allow the number one piece to stand out.

Formal attire is similar to black tie for ladies except that cocktail length is more acceptable and you can branch out into some brighter colors. I am a firm believer in navy for any wedding and this Kate Spade number is a great option. It is also on sale in black! Go with some pretty pumps and fun earrings with a higher neckline.

Beach Formal is one of those that is most common during the summer. These can be especially tricky since you are trying to balance the elegance of a more formal affair while dealing with sand, wind and spray. I would go for a flowing maxi or cocktail length in chiffon to compliment the breezy beach feeling. Wedges or flats are an absolute must for these kinds of weddings. Pair bold statement earrings with a maxi for a more relaxed vibe.

Finally Semi Formal. I personally feel that this is the most casual you can go for a wedding (even when they say casual). Pick a great summer day dress like this number from J.Crew and add some sparkle with a fun belt to define your waist, simple studs and espadrilles or flat sandals. 

Enjoy your wedding fun!

Also congratulations to Christy Peeples DuBois on winning the Francesca's gift card giveaway! Thanks to everyone who participated. Stay tuned for future giveaways!

1 comment :

  1. I love the dresses you choose for the formal and semi-formal weddings and the shoes for Black Tie.

    http://www.lookfortheoccasion.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...