Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Guest Post: When In Doubt, Ask For It!

Today I have Wendy of Blush and Barbells sharing with you all. I had the pleasure of meeting Wendy at the last SoCal Blogger Society brunch a few months back. She is a really cool girl who has gotten to do some really cool international travel for work lately. Today she shares her tips on asking for that extra discount! Take it away Wendy!

Did you know that you can ask for discounts at department stores?

I was recently sent to work in Mexico City, and of course I had to get a new outfit for the job. The dress code is business casual, so I could choose some comfy clothes (very important for 12-hour days!) I do try to keep to a capsule wardrobe so most of my work clothes are in blue, grey, brown, and tan. I had a blue gap, and I did want a cute and casual blazer for pants or jeans, so off to the mall I went. 


Here's what I bought:
From JCP I bought a plain white tee and a blue and white striped blazer. Th tee was on sale for $6.99 and the blazer was on clearance for $14.99. When I checked out, I asked the clerk for a discount, and she took 15% off the top! 
At Macy's I bought these pants from the petite section (no hemming needed!) on sale for $45. I asked the clerk for a discount and she took off 20%! 
I don't have credit cards at either of these department stores, so the discounts are there for the asking. Give it a try and let us know if it works for you!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...