Hi everyone! I am Kate from Nautical by Nature and am so excited to be posting for Elisabeth while she is out of town. We have met twice in person and I can now call her one of my blog friends turned in real life friends!
It is officially beach/pool/lake season so grab your favorite tote and let's head to the water!
Ipod or iphone for music
Snacks: I always have snacks with me. Maybe it's the nanny in me? I don't want to be starving or searching for food if I have a prime spot on the beach. If you are pool side you may be able to easily order food but just in case I suggest bringing along something small
Water! It is important to stay hydrated if you are going to be in the sun. I use a Camelbak Eddy bottle
Sunscreen: Number 1 thing! I put on moisturizer with sunscreen every morning, rain or shine! When I go to the beach or pool I use the Neutragena UltraSheer dry touch sunblock because it isn't greasy, doesn't make me break out, and just feels good on my face. I am looking for a new sunscreen for my body though. I would prefer something with a low number on the EWG site if possible.
Chapstick with SPF: I love Nivea Lip Care A Kiss Of Moisture
Hat: I have a Vineyard Vines baseball hat that I love and bring on all my trips.
Cute coverup: I have several coverups (guilty!). I have a striped one from Vineyard Vines that is my go to. This year I love the Vineyard Vines whale tail tunic or Lilly Pulitzer Captiva tunic cover up (so many fun patterns!)
Wet swimsuit bag: If I am going to be in the water at all I bring a wet swimsuit bag. Previously I used one from Gap but it is getting really dirty so I will be switching to an anchor one from Hayden Reis
A good book: Lots of bloggers have recommended Where'd You Go, Bernadette so that's on my summer list
Sandals/flip flops and
sunglasses are a given (my favorite nautical flip flops)
What's in your bag?

Thank you for letting me post while you are gone. I hope you are having a wonderful European adventure!
ReplyDeleteMy thanks to you! Guest blogger superstar!
DeleteGreat picks Kate!!
ReplyDeleteAgreed! Love the hat and tunic especially!
Delete