Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Epiphany!

Feast of the Epiphany


Today is the Feast of the Epiphany. It is something we always celebrated growing up being part of a French family. It is the celebration of when the three kings arrived to see the birth of Christ. While personally I am not super religious, this was a feast day I always enjoyed.

In France, a ceramic king is baked into a cake and whoever gets the king in their piece is King for the day. They are also in charge of baking the cake the following year. Growing up my dad would always celebrate by dropping a king in a bowl of cereal for breakfast and by putting it into a pound cake for the evening. It is something I would love to continue with my kids one day since it was always part of our childhood.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...