Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Essential Organization Tips to Master by 30

Organization Tips to Master by 30

 
1. An closet organization system that works for you. By 30 you should no longer be living out of a pile of clothes on the floor. Organize your wardrobe by color, clothing type, pattern, whatever works best for your eye and stick with it. It has taken me a few years to find what works best for me, but know I know that I separate by type and then color, regardless of pattern and I've found getting ready so much easier. All my shoes are in clear boxes so that I have easy visibility to each pair and I can easily step through my wardrobe grabbing each piece.
 
2. Don't forget about your accessories. If you just focus on the clothes and not your bags, jewelry, makeup, etc., getting ready will still be a chore. Also once things have designated places and you stick to that, the routine will help you stay organized.
 
3. Learn to make a list and stick to it. I live by my to-do lists. Even if lists aren't your thing, writing things down helps to ensure you don't forget something and get frustrated later.
 
4. Keep like things together. Find a place to keep all your DVDs, your games, your cooking utensils and stick to it. Don't mix your batteries with your tissues. You'll never find them! Keeping like items together in drawers, etc. will keep you far more organized in the long run.
 
5. Keep reducing the size of your junk drawer. I'm down to one tiny drawer. I also tackle it every few months to clear it out!
 
6. Important papers should be in their place, in files in storage bins. Or if you prefer, create a digital filing cabinet. My husband used to just throw all his papers in to a plastic drawer. I finally cleaned it out years later. Amazing the stuff he kept tossed in there and essentially was lost to him.
 
7. Do a purge at least annually. I try to purge my bookcase, closets, storage bin and kitchen annually. I also go through my linen closet every two years to see if its time to purge any towels or sheets that have seen better days. It's cathartic and reminds you of what you have and what you don't really need anymore.
 
8. Routine is key. Keeping up with your organization is essential. The more you do it, the more you will always remember where you keep everything.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...