Monday, January 12, 2015

Time Management Tips

Time Management Tips

Time Management Tips by preppy-lizzy featuring a battery powered alarm clock

We are all short on time. Our lives are so busy that many days we feel like we cannot get it all done. But there are definitely some tips I have picked up over the years to help with time management and I felt it was worthwhile sharing them with you all.

1. Don't underestimate the all powerful list.
Keeping a running list of my to dos has always helped to remind me of things I don't want to forget. But in general I love a good list. I keep a list on my fridge for groceries so that as I run out of things I can make a note. I also keep a to do list a work everyday of tasks that I need to get accomplished each week. Lists keep me sane and focused without making me feel overwhelmed. I just keep a goal on my mind, that if I can get a task done that day, why not?

2. Knock a few things out every night.
This particularly applies to cleaning, but tiding up each night can help keep you from ever having to spend hours cleaning. Taking a minute or two to clean the vanity counter after brushing your teeth, or putting your clothes away before getting into bed, or wiping down the stove after cooking, can really save you time in the long run. I also love to get a quick vacuum in during commercial breaks. You don't miss anything that way.

3. Multitask while watching TV.
TV is one of those times that you can veg out to the point of being comatose, so instead I try to keep my mind focused by doing another task like knitting or blogging. It keeps me awake and focused. Multitasking can be great but a lot of times it can also work against you. It's really up to you to figure out what tasks you can multitask at and what ones need 100% of your focus.

4. Get a routine.
Routine honestly helps keep you focused better than anything else I have seen. A schedule that you stick to, like hitting the gym or making your lunch nightly, helps to keep you from feeling like you have wasted the day. I find myself wasting time on those days when I feel like I have nothing else to do. On those days I end up putting off my tasks because I feel like I have all the time in the world. But on days where I have my schedule and routine to keep, I am much more productive because I know I only have so much time to get it done.

5. Don't worry about what's left on your list.
You are not superman or superwoman. There will be things left on your list. Just roll them over and deal with them the next day. The world won't end!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...