This post was sponsored by Sourcebooks. Sourcebooks provided a copy of the book for review as well as another copy for a reader. No other compensation was received. All opinions and thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that make Headbands & Bagels possible.
If you are a frequent reader of Headbands & Bagels, you know how much I love to read. Reading is one of my huge passions and one that I take very seriously. I read constantly. I actually strive to make sure I read a little every night before bed even.
When Sourcebooks reached out to me to offer me a copy of Dodinsky's In The Garden of Happiness, I was really excited by the opportunity. This is Dodinsky's second book, after In The Garden of Thoughts.
This followup book reads much like a children's book for adults. Full of colorful illustrations and inspirational thoughts about how to find your happiness and rekindle your childlike wonder, Dodinsky's Garden of Happiness is a breath of fresh air. It is also something that you can share with your children or younger family members. There are important messages for those of any age.
My take away message that I took from reading the book was that happiness looks different to everyone. It is truly something that is in the eye of the beholder and should be celebrated by each person. The quote that stuck out most to me was: "Happiness is discovering that the most worthwhile validation is the one you give to yourself." It's a great reminder to take time for yourself and enjoy what gives you happiness, even the littlest things.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Seeing my husband smile and laugh makes me the happiest because I know that the is happy. :)
ReplyDelete