Friday, January 9, 2015

An Announcement

So perhaps many of you saw our big announcement on Instagram on Christmas Day, but it's official, we are planning on welcoming a little monster to our lives in June! We've been calling the little one Embro since we got pregnant but are hoping to find the sex out soon. I promise that while Headbands & Bagels will be adding some content about pregnancy and lifestyle topics around motherhood and babies, H&B will still remain fashion and lifestyle focused. This little one will be traveling just like their mom and dad!

We chose to announce the pregnancy via our Christmas cards this year. Dan liked it for the practicality and efficiency of only having to send one card. Oh boys! Or should I say that's an engineer for you!


I am looking forward to chronicling my status every 2 weeks to month. I hope it's of interest to you all, as I know I love looking back on updates over the years and am looking forward to having this record.

Bumpdate: Week 16

Baby's Size: An Avocado.

Gender: Fingers crossed we will get a tentative answer this week, although we are prepared that nothing will be confirmed until our next ultrasound at week 20.

How I'm Feeling: Finally much better. Week 16 has been a big turn around for me. I was suffering from severe morning sickness up until Monday and eating anything had been a struggle. Luckily it looks like I am finally going to be able to gain some weight, even though I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant!

Showing?: More every day. I notice it more than a stranger would but its definitely getting there. I first felt like I had a belly at the start of December but its getting more visible even in the looser fitting shirts and button ups. I have been out of my work pants for weeks now, and am slowly having to transition away from my fat pants into maternity clothes. I've definitely gone towards the looser fitting pieces in my wardrobe to help hide it a little longer.

Big Developments: I seem to be past the morning sickness (or all day sickness), knock on wood! Also, the doctor told us that I may be able to start feeling the baby move around. It should feel like butterflies in your stomach. I am hoping it happens soon!

Loving: Water and Iced Tea. I feel constantly dehydrated, even though I'm not. I always seem to have a water bottle on hand these days.

Hating: Greek Yogurt. It started back around week 10 and since then I have not been able to even look at a container of Greek yogurt without having my stomach turn. I'm hoping to try again in the next week or two.

Dreaming Of: Science Fiction. I've been fighting battles to save the universe in a lot of my dreams lately. It may be because I am a nerdy engineer at heart, but I love being a kickass intergalactic hero.

Favorite Wardrobe Pieces: Anything with stretch has really been my friend. Over the Christmas break I practically lived in any of my Lululemon leggings. They have enough stretch for my little belly without the waistband digging in. Waistbands have been my nemesis over the last few weeks.

Baby Finds: My sister and I went shopping when I was home and found super cute finds on sale at Old Navy. I snagged a set of three grey onesies that are perfect and so neutral and Dom bought the baby American Flag slip on sneakers.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...