Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Girls Can Game Too

Besides my love of fashion and looking cute (even doing physical challenges), my husband and I share a love of video games. As a kid growing up, I used to play Super Nintendo and Sega at my best friend's house every Friday because she had all the cool games. Since my parents were anti-gaming systems, I took every opportunity to play games at my cousins and friends houses. I found myself year after year begging for a gameboy and then for a Nintendo 64. My first gameboy was a gameboy pocket (I begged a lot that year). I then waited year after year for my Nintendo 64 that never came, so when I was in college and the Wii came out, I begged again, but did not have my hopes up.
But as luck would have it, my dad braved the Black Friday scene and came back with a Wii for me. I don't know if I had been more excited about a Christmas gift since the box something came in when I was 1. I loved it.
Since then I have found myself falling in love and marrying a man who loves to play video games. It's a guy thing I guess, but we officially have every platform available it seems. 2 Wiis, an Xbox, a Nintendo 64 and a PS3 (for the record I found my gameboy when I was home last time). Because of this our game room is our guest room and I have found myself excited to play games with him. Mostly they are Wii games (because I stink at almost everything he has for Xbox and we only have one PS3 game - we use it primarily as a BlueRay player).
After seeing Wreck it Ralph with our friends Brian and Kelly, we all were psyched to play video games so we had an old fashioned game night (just a little more grown up then they were when we were kids). Kelly introduced me to Little Big Planet on Playstation. I was so hooked after that night. I have been casually mentioning it to Dan since we played but since we only have one controller, I figured we would eventually get around to it.
Well folks, the time has come and I got to pick out my own girlie controller as well. Before we saw Skyfall last night, we stopped at the GameStop next to the theatre and looked around. We were able to get Little Big Planet used for a great price and I got to pick out my own PS3 controller. I went for the all gold controller. I figured, yea girls can game, but it doesn't mean our accessories can't be cute.

2 comments :

  1. this cracks me up! I now NEED a gold controller of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be the first one to say that the gold is not girlie and is actually a very cool color for a controller. Enjoy Little big planet. Waiting to see the post on the WIIU.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...