Tuesday, February 5, 2013

From One Cast to Another

So last week I updated everyone about my embarrassing Broomball injury of my left hand and wrist. I had my MRI on Friday and yesterday visited the Orthopedist. Great News! My wrist is potentially just a bad sprain and I will have to go back in 2 weeks for a followup assessment.
 
 
With that news I said goodbye to the hot pink cast. While I love the color, I am more than glad to see it gone. I can type 100 times better than I could last week and my wrist is no longer torquing in the cast. After the swelling had gone down, the cast was a little too loose for comfort. It also means that I will be able to fit my ski glove over my wrist in 3 weeks when Dan and I join my parents and sister in Vancouver, Canada for a ski trip in Whistler.

So what does my new friend look like? I am now rocking a much slimmer black wrist stabilizer/air cast. It is surprisingly comfortable to wear and it gives me the stability I still need while my hand heels. I still can't move it without some pain and discomfort. So for the next 4-6 weeks I will be rocking my new friend, which means no watch for another 4-6 weeks!



Still, Broomball was super fun and I can't wait til I am cleared to play again!

5 comments :

  1. How is your wrist?Hope you feel better and dont have any pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! Yes I am all better from the wrist injury although it was not fun!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for answering and i am glad to hear that your wrist has tottally healed.Did you sprain it or did you break it?The pink colour of the cast makes you look more gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a bad sprain. Thanks pink is one of my favorite colors if you could not tell!

      Delete
  3. Nice talking with you.I hope you wont have to wear a cast in the future

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...